Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lawfull Lawless

I got up at 11 am in the morning today and as usual asked my roomie to hand over the newspaper to me with the usual morning romantic songs .
But , the romanticism lasted only till the moment I saw the front page of Times of India . The paper covered the verdict on Jessica Lal murder case . After going through the whole article I felt that the Judicial institutions in India are still under the clutches of corrupt cops, ministers and lawyers. It is not only a matter of agony for the families who have suffered such situations of lawless but for the whole nation . we often read the ruling party boasting of 7-8 % economic growth , rising disposable income , employment schemes but does all this can make India a developed nation . certainly not , the basic governance needs to be improved . I know its easy to say than practice , but strict actions needs to be taken in this regard .
After learning about the case , so many memories come to haunt - Sateyendra dubey , Priyadarshini Matoo case , hard to count .
I think the government should try making these basic pillars of democracy strong enough rather than just making noises about the growing economic focus because I feel for a nation to be strong , the growth and development needs to be focussed equally .
I wish my romanticism in morning doesnt end like this anymore !

1 comment:

amitsinha said...

thx vinayak for such thoughtful comments . I agree that justice and equality should start from home and I personally would like to remember it all throughout my life.